This 5 min video is for every ‘over-protective’ parent to watch!
This story is about a mother who was forced to make a choice. Sometimes, choices are made from the heart. Sometimes, for the heart. And sometimes, in both ways. HeartShaped tells you how.
Katie saw one of my short documentaries online (last year) and shared her story with me over mail. Which was not really a story but a slice of an important part of her life. A delicate part of her life. I decided to meet her soon.
When I first met her in a cafe in Delhi and we had our little chat, I did not know what kind of a short documentary I could make for her. Though what she had shared with me was delicate, it did not fall under the standard template of what constitutes a story. But I could sense something. Something worth making. Something worth sharing with the rest of the world. I returned to Goa and gave it some more thought and when I visited Delhi next, I kind of knew what I wanted to show. HeartShaped is the result. All of it was shot over two visits to Delhi last year early winter (2014).
- Katie for sharing the story and inviting me to make the documentary
- Habibi Restaurant, Saket, New Delhi – for letting me shoot Katie perform (the opening shot in the film)
- Delhi Rock Studio – for providing space to shoot a dance sequence (the last one in the film)
- Vishnupriya – for helping me finalize the name HeartShaped (after we discussed and rejected about a million other names that I could have given to this short-documentary)
- All my friends on Facebook who agreed to have a look at the first cut of the movie and provided valuable feedback (some of which I took care of)
For those who would like to read more about Tetralogy of Fallot, can do so.